MNPS Board Approves Revised Director Search Timeline
The Metro Nashville Board of Education has approved a plan to extend the Director of Schools search process due to the need to cancel previously scheduled interviews as a result of the tornado recovery.
In addition to the interview with Dr. Shelley Redinger that occurred on Monday, March 2, the following interviews are scheduled to take place:
- Thursday, March 12: Dr. Adrienne Battle, Interim Director of Schools, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Thursday, March 26: Dr. Rod Richmond, Executive Director of Student Support Services, Shelby County Schools, TN
- Tuesday, March 31: Ms. Brenda Elliott, Chief of School Improvement & Supports and Chief of Equity, DC Public Schools
- Thursday, April 2: Mr. Brian Kingsley, Chief Academic Officer, Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, NC
Each interview day will follow the same schedule and take place at the Board of Education at 2601 Bransford Ave.:
- 10:30AM – Meeting with Central Office staff and principals (for all candidates except for Dr. Battle)
- 4:00PM – Meeting with community members
- 5:00PM – Meeting with MNPS faculty and staff
- 6:00PM – Board interviews using the same set of questions for each candidate
The meetings and interviews will be open to the public, but there will not be public participation during the interviews themselves. They will be streamed live through the Metro Nashville Network. After the interviews have been conducted, the Board members will rank their top two candidates. The Tennessee School Boards Association will then compile those scores to determine which two candidates received the highest scores. On April 14, the Board will meet to offer the position to one of the candidates, at which point they will enter contract negotiations with an announcement of the director by April 20, 2020.