2018-2019 Principal Placements
Metro Schools taps both internal and external talent to lead schools.
Metro Schools is announcing the following principal placements ahead of another exciting year of Exceeding Great Expectations. Please join us in congratulating these employees on their new endeavors. Follow along on our website and the district's Facebook page for future announcements and more information about each principal.
• Bellshire Elementary School: Dr. Donald Black
• Buena Vista Elementary School: Myra Taylor (previously interim)
• Carter Lawrence Elementary School: Dr. Sherleta Sanders
• Eagle View Elementary: Shawn Lawrence
• Eakin Elementary School: Eric Hartfelder
• Glengarry Elementary School: Leslie P. Gordon
• Haywood Elementary School: Megan Galloway (previously interim)
• Ida B. Wells Elementary School (Caldwell/Glenn): Dexter Adams
• Lakeview Design Center: Dr. Shantrell Pirtle
• Neely's Bend Elementary School: Kimberly Bullock
• Apollo Middle School: Stephanie Adams
• Haynes Middle School: Dr. Robin Allen
• John Early Middle School: Dr. Darwin L. Mason
• Oliver Middle School: Dr. Erin Anderson
• Rose Park Middle School: Rommie Vasser (previously interim)
• Antioch High School: Clarissa Zellars
• Hillwood High School: Dr. Stephen Sheaffer
• Pearl Cohn High School: Miriam Harrington
• Steve Ball, currently the principal of East Nashville Magnet High School, will transition into an executive director of school support and improvement role.